Secure and open source password manager for KeePass files
- Purchase/Installation Date
- Purchase Price
- System Requirements
- Text auf Deutsch
KeePassDX is open source and ad-free. The multi-format KeePass password manager allows you to store and use passwords, keys and digital identities in a secure way by integrating Android design standards and does not require an internet connection.
Kunzisoft Application Development Agency
KeePassDX Libre: App at F-Droid for free
KeePassDX Free: App at Google Play Store for free
KeePassDX Pro: App at Google Play Store for 10.00 EUR
No advertising, no tracker. Open Source.
***** (5 stars)
Smartphone with Android OS 4.0.3 or newer.
Also works great with /e/OS 0.20.
Website: English, French
App: German, English, French, possibly other languages
in English and French, via GitHub or email.
Anyone who would like to help translate or correct translation errors is welcome to join in. Ideas for new functions are also welcome.
- create database files / entries and groups
- Support for .kdb and .kdbx files (version 1 to 4) with AES – Twofish – ChaCha20 – Argon2 algorithm
- compatible with the majority of alternative programs (KeePass, KeePassX, KeePassXC, …)
- allows opening and copying URI / URL fields quickly
- Biometric recognition for fast unlocking (fingerprint / face unlock / …)
- One-time password management (HOTP / TOTP) for two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Material design with themes
- Auto-Fill and integration
- Field filling keyboard
- dynamic templates
- History of each entry
- precise management of settings
- Code written in native languages (Kotlin / Java / JNI / C)
- very user-friendly
- highly customisable (adapt appearance to own preferences)
- Icons (images/company logos) customisable for each entry
- Almost 500 more icons are available for download on the developer website
- open source
- No internet connection required
- Free and Libre versions identical to purchase version
- Purchase version is solely for the friendly support of the development team
Highly recommended! A must have!
iPhone users who are used to the convenience of the Strongbox password vault get an equivalent replacement.
You will surely use such a tool almost every day or even several times a day. If you are satisfied with it, you should show your gratitude to the developers and buy the purchase version and/or donate something occasionally, if your finances allow it.
I briefly tested two other apps, but quickly uninstalled them.
No, I don't know any real alternative except: use an iPhone and install Strongbox on it.