Protection against Phishing
Criminals try to invite Internet users under flimsy pretexts by e-mail to specially prepared pages where confidential data is retrieved for later misuse.
E-mails are not forgery-proof, so please note
- Your bank will never ask you for access data!
- Deutsche Post DHL will never ask you for Packstation data!
- do not open file attachments of unsolicited e-mails!
- with dubious e-mails always call the sender first and ask!
- Be careful if something is offered "super cheap" or "free"!
- even if you had taken part in a lottery – the organizer would know your data!
- because you had not ordered any goods, you do not react to alleged "package notifications"!
- Side jobs with fantastic earning opportunities are never serious!
- Caution is always advisable when advance payment is requested!
Note: There is (also on the Internet) nothing (valuable) for free!
Delete unsolicited incoming e-mails with unknown sender unread, especially if the subject is not written in your language
(Exception: you often have international correspondence).