Apple iPhone Xs: Assistant Siri (History, Use, Features)
Technically thrilled (and) sci-fi fans would like to use their computer as in the Sci-Fi series Star Trek by language.
- in 2007, the company Siri Inc. started developing a digital assistant
- in April 2010 Apple bought the company with all rights to the products and the iPhone 4s became the first smartphone with the digital assistant named Siri
Since then you can control the iPhone by voice.
Unfortunately, Steve Jobs had decided to let the very powerful software work very slimmed down online.
The original software could run completely without an online connection to the data center on the iPhone and would not be as restricted as we know it.
I see the main purpose of a digital assistant in the operation of the smartphone, without taking it into the hand. Anyone who uses a Bluetooth headset is particularly pleased about this possibility, because this way the iPhone can remain protected in the pocket.
On most headsets, the voice control is started with a long press on the call answering button. If you use a headset on an Apple iPhone from version 4s upwards, the assistant Siri is addressed. Instead of saying «Hey, Siri!» you speak into the microphone right after the confirmation tone.
Siri answers questions about the weather, can send dictated messages, read the messages received, remind them of appointments, wake up in the morning, play their own music, call the performers of a running music track, and the events of sporting events and much more.
A few examples …
- Share price of [name of share]
- What is the DAX?
Phone and Contacts
- Call [Name]
- Call [phone number]
- Start FaceTime with [Name]
- Where is [Name]?
- Who is near me?
- Send a message to [Name]
- Send an iMessage [Name]
- Write an email to [Name] with the content: [content].
- When is my next appointment?
- Create an appointment tomorrow at [time]
- Move the current date from [Time] to [Time]
- Remind me on [date] at [time]: [content].
- Remind me of [content] as soon as I get home.
- Note: […] shopping
Time and Alarm
- What time is it?
- What date do we have?
- Set alarm to [Time]
- Switch [Function] on / off.
- Is WiFi on?
Maps and Navigation
- Where am I?
- Start navigation from here
- When are we there?
- Finish navigation
- Play «Blue Monday» by «New Order»
- Play My Playlist [Name]
- Play something from «Yello»
- Do I need an umbrella?
- How cold is it now?
- How warm is it now?
- How will the weather be tonight?
- How will the weather tomorrow morning? (Up to 24 hours forecast)
- Give me the current football results
So you call the assistant and immediately afterwards the question or the desire.
Siri understands freely formulated questions / instructions and answers some questions with a comment …
Example: To the question «How cold is it now?» Siri replied, «It's now 6 degrees, but I do not think that's cold, Michael!».
By the way, forSiri is bitterly cold 4 degrees down, Siri comments on all of them, «… but I do not find it cold».
Since foreign languages do not have the same priority at Apple, Siri is still not as humorous as in her native language.
There is a separate database for each language.
For several months, Siri has been commenting on any temperature from about 20 degrees Celsius as «hot».
Next page: Data Synchronization …