Website | History
Story about a Hobby
Hobby Project senseful online started End of November 2001
At the end of November 2001, I registered the domain sinnvoll‑online.de and since then I write personal things about myself on michaelglaser.de only.
Motto: senseful online
Since then field reports and long-term practical tests about hardware and software for computer, multimedia and telecommunications have been published via domains with motto as website name (German-language: sinnvoll online, English-language: senseful online).
Domain senseful-online.info as motto: senseful online to find information.
E-mail recipients become curious about the website through the domain.
Previously registered Domains
- 30.11.2001: Domain with TLD .de: sinnvoll‑online.de for German-language content.
- 09.06.2013: Domain with TLD .eu: sinnvoll‑online.eu for German-language content.
- 09.06.2013: Domain with TLD .eu: senseful-online.eu for English-language content.
- 03.07.2015: Domain with TLD .info: sinnvoll‑online.info for German-language content.
- 07.07.2015: Domain with TLD .info: senseful-online.info for English-language content.
- 28.01.2018: Domain with TLD .de: senseful-online.de for English-language content.
12.09.2020: By chance, I landed again today on the website of the Internet service provider UD Media GmbH, which I found interesting months ago when I was looking for a web hoster who, in addition to “Let's Encrypt” certificates and current transport encryption TLS 1.3, can also offer DANE and DNSSEC.
The website of UD Media GmbH makes a very good impression on me. After comparing the domain prices with my current web hoster, the change has been decided.
I order the web hosting package Classic Hosting Power 5.0 (5 domains inclusive).
All domains had already been renewed for one year in July with the old ISP. So I can give myself until the beginning of 2021 for the move.
My small website with the domains michael-glaser.de and michaelglaser.de will also be moved in 2021.
New Domain is online: tests‑und‑tipps.info
I thought again about the name of this website and registered a more meaningful domain name!
As the 1st inclusive domain, I am registering a brand new one, which has additional advantages:
- newly ordered domains are available almost immediately after ordering
- my website is immediately online with the new provider and for problems I have “plan B”, see 3. + 4.
- Should the new ISP disappoint me after all, I have 30 days right of withdrawal
- If the old ISP does not hand out the authorisation codes quickly, my website will not be offline for weeks: see 2.
Login Details received after only 2½ Hours despite Saturday Evening
I immediately upload a recent backup copy of senseful-online.de via SFTP onto my new webspace and start adapting the texts.
Only 5 hours later the newly registered domain is activated!
14.09.2020: In the meantime all is done.
I love it when a plan works!
15.09.2020: Links from michael‑glaser.de to senseful-online.de changed to tests-und-tipps.info.
Another Domain is online: tests‑and‑tips.info
24.09.2020: Today I also registered the English language name of the website as a domain. All went very smoothly with a very nice contact to the customer service. Absolutly recommendable! My previous Internet service provider was also very cooperative and quickly provided the authorisation codes for my .info domains by e-mail. Now I still have to wait for the five-day objection period of the registry (to protect against hostile takeover of domains or processing errors, there are built-in hurdles that unauthorised persons cannot easily circumvent).
Moving sinnvoll‑online.de, michael‑glaser.de + michaelglaser.de
- 04.01.2021: Cancelled web hosting with the old ISP, requested the AuthInfo codes for these domains for the purpose of moving. I give up the remaining domains.
- 05.01.2021: At noon I receive the AuthInfo codes from the old provider. Around 17:00, I enter them in the UD Media customer menu to start the domain transfer.
- 05.01.2021: At 22:08, the UD Media team reports the successful domain transfer. At 23:00, I receive the confirmation of termination from the old provider. Great!
Design Change 1: blue became green
24.05.2021: Blue (#0000ff) is my favourite colour, but a quick test showed: if I changed everything to this beautiful blue, it would not be easy on the eyes.
You always have to look at the big picture. Since I still like the green design with forest in the header and a lot of space for text, I have replaced the blue font (#0000ff) in all links and logos with a green font (#00cc00).
Design Change 2: green became blue again
29.05.2021: A developer has just presented his latest template design. This new template already corresponds pretty closely to my ideas and can also be adapted very easily. I did some initial tests in the evening and everything looks pretty good.
Hope you like it, otherwise please contact me!